Q. What is the monthly charge for a business website?
- Our basic website starts at $35.00 / month. That includes a module that allows you to easily display items for sale, including descriptions and pictures. This type of site does not include a shopping cart, but allows your visitor to click a single button and send you an email expressing interest in items you are selling. You can then make contact to complete the sale or answer questions.
Q. Do you have more extensive eCommerce sites?
Yes, we have two other models. Both use a shopping cart to encourage and facilitate your visitor's purchase transactions.
- Many unique items: This model would be ideal for an antiques business or something similar where each item is 'one-of-a-kind' and must be displayed, priced, and sold separately. You have the ability to group items by category for easy location and browsing. Once an item is sold, you record the face and that item no longer appears in your inventory. See 'Old Stuff For Sale' for a working example of this type of site.
- Fewer replaceable items: This type of site is suited for a smaller number of items where the vendor can replenish an item to inventory. Visitors can easily purchase in quantities and varieties, such as colors or sizes. See 'Staywarm Wear' for a working example of this type of site. The owner of this site is currently not accepting orders, but the site is fully functional and has worked effectively in the past. (By the way, this business is For Sale; send us an inquiry if you might be interested in engaging in this type of business.)
- These plans have a slightly higher monthly cost, depending on your requirements. But both are still very reasonable priced.
Q. What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept checks or PayPal payments currently. We would strongly encourage you to establish automated payments with your bank if they offer that service. Most do... and it relieves you of the burden of making sure the payments are sent on time each month.
Q. Are there any other costs such as setup fees or site maintenance fees?
- No, we do not charge any setup fees or other maintenance fees. If you want to register your own domain name, there is a small annual charge. This is charged by the "Internet Domain Registrars" and is a cost that cannot be avoided. However, if you agree to a 12 month commitment, we will pay the domain registration fee for your business or organization.
Q. Is there any long-term commitment?
- No, you can try our program for free for 30 days. After that we charge $35.00 per month. Partial month fees will not be refunded. You can discontinue our program at any time without any cost or penalty. The only thing we will require is that you reimburse us for the cost of your domain name if we have paid that on your behalf. That cost would be approximately $20.00 for each remaining year of registration.
Q. Do offer free support if we need help?
- Absolutely. We want you to contact us immediately by email if you have any problems, questions, or requests. We will respond promptly - and there is never a charge for this help.
Q. Can we use our existing domain name?
- Certainly. If you already have a registered domain name, we will help you transfer it to our service. If you have already paid for multiple years of registration, we cannot reimburse you for that amount, but will allow a $20.00 credit each year (beginning each 12 month period that you use our service) to effectively reduce that cost to you to zero.
Q. Where are you located?
- Our primary office is in New Haven, Indiana.
Q. Where are your web servers?
- We contract with Network Solutions for our virtual servers. All websites are maintained by our own staff. We simply rent the machines and internet access from them.